You’ve come to the right place! Cookie classes are a great way to bond and learn a new skill together– perfect for birthdays, team building, etc. Lisa of Borderlands Bakery has been teaching cookie classes for years and will use her 8 years of experience as a self-taught cookier to make the experience fun for you—all you have to do is follow along!
We offer several different options for classes at this time, Each class is tailored to a different audience whether you want to just decorate some cookies for fun, make them for friends/family, or if you want to get really detailed and get serious about specific techniques, or even if you want to learn about how to build your own cookie business! For group classes, you are required to find the specified number of attendees to fill the class. You may have these private classes in my studio in Midtown Sacramento, or I can travel for a fee.
Customized In-Person, Private Classes for You or a Group
Decorating Social: Just for Fun (our most popular option)
- $125-$225 per person (min. 4 people, and up to as many people as your location can accommodate, special equipment needed for groups over 12) – This private, in-person class is perfect for those would like to be introduced to the world of royal icing cookies OR for those just looking to have some casual decorating fun. I tailor this class design and techniques to attendee experience. We’ll come up with a cookie theme together to suite your needs. All materials are provided.
- Class Length: Approx. 2.5 hours
- Includes: 6-8 decorated cookies per person, a mini swag bag per attendee
One-on-One: Cookie Success
- $500 to $1200 – This private, in-person class is perfect for those would like to be introduced to the world of royal icing cookies OR who would like to develop their skills further. This class is completely tailored to the existing skill level of the artist and formed based on artist goals, so pricing and curriculum will vary. I’m happy to coach fellow cookiers through their own business, and use this time to help you build your business or brand.
- Class Length: Approx. 4-6 hours
- Includes: 6-12 finished cookies and a custom swag bag
French Macaron : Private one-one Class
- $500 – In this private 1:1 class, I’ll guide you through my french macaron making process. We’ll have a discussion about common myths and debunk them! This is the perfect class for people who want to make French Macarons for the first time, or for people who have struggled to make their own French Macarons in the past. We will coordinate and make a flavor of your choosing together in class. All materials will be provided so just bring yourself! I MAY be able to accommodate 2, but both of you may not get hands on time for the same step– but please inquire anyway and we can discuss.
- Class Length: Approx. 3 hours
- Includes: 3 doz filled french macarons, flavor of your choosing