I shared this photo on my Instastories and I got numerous requests to share my recipe– so here we go!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 TBS melted salted butter
- 1 8-oz pack of full fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cups full fat sour cream, room temp
- 1 room temp egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional – graham cracker bits, mini chocolate chips & mini marshmallows to mix into the batter — a fun touch but not needed for great flavor. If you are a cheesecake purist, omit.
Toppings (this is mainly for aesthetics… except the ganache, always use the ganache):
- Chocolate ganache (use your favorite recipe OR google a favorite recipe) — I eyeball chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and butter to create a ganache
- Graham crackers
- Hershey’s or other brand chocolate squares
- 1. Preheat conventional oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make the crust– add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs, mix together and evenly distribute in the cupcake liners — use the bottom of a tall class to condense the crumbs at the bottom.
- Put the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar in a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer)– and mix until smooth and slightly fluffy. Having room temp ingredients for this step is crucial for smooth, non-chunky cheesecake!
- Add the egg and vanilla, and then beat it some more– so it becomes even more fluffy! When done, feel free to fold in little add-ins like graham cracker bits, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for approx. 18 to 20 minutes, rotating halfway– you may want to adjust this time based on your oven. The tops should be puffy and just begin to brown. It’s OKAY if it cracks a little!
- Take the cheesecakes out and allow to cool in the tin. Approx half hour.
- Top cheesecake with ganache, marshallows and graham crackers as you desire– you can even toast the marshmallow! Store in the fridge for 6 hours before enjoying.
These little guys freeze GREAT– if you know you want to freeze these, don’t add the toppings– freeze in an airtight container for up to month. Before serving, take out for about half an hour at room temp and add toppings before enjoying.
If you end up making these, tag me on Instagram @borderlandsbakery to show me what you’ve done!