This proprietary formula by The Sugar Art acts like a primer (think makeup), this product:
- allows your paint to glide over your surface
- provided a barrier between the base layer (frozen buttercream, royal icing, chocolate, etc) so that your icing/buttercream does not get eaten away
- and allows the pigment to adhere
This product helps stretch your pigments (using less pigment for more coverage) and gives you a longer working time: so you can blend it in ways that are not currently possible with vodka or everclear. The Color Solution is mixed with powder colors like the Elite Colors or Sterling Pearls to activate the powders - you want to look for a thin acrylic paint consistency. Unless you are *very* comfortable with Master Elites, we do not recommend you use them, as those are HIGHLY pigmented. Then apply as you normally would with brushes. I've personally applied up to 4 layers on royal icing with no icing disintegrating: this is a big deal!
- Watch some demos here: ONE, TWO, Chocolate Demo
- 100% EDIBLE, FDA COMPLIANT & KOSHER CERTIFIED
- Ingredients: Organic cane alcohol, water, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, gums, and flavor
- Each squeeze bottle contains 1 fluid ounce of product, enough to cover approximately 8 dozen 4-inch royal icing cookie surfaces
- Do NOT use in your airbrush
- Dries matte in approx. 20-30 minutes.
- Off label uses that you *can* try but are not covered by the manufacturer: gel color application