Add some pop to your sugar art with a Borderlands Bakery favorite, The Sugar Art Color Solution. This food-safe paint color activator works like a primer for your cookies, allowing you to create beautiful painted designs with ease.
Simply mix the Sugar Art Elite and Sterling Pearl (NOT Master Elite) food coloring pigments with the Color Solution, and you'll be able to paint your cookies and desserts any color you like. FDA-compliant and food safe, the Color Solution is the perfect way to add some fun and creativity to your baking. So go ahead and let your imagination run wild - with the Sugar Art Color Solution, the possibilities are endless!
This proprietary formula by The Sugar Art acts like a primer (think makeup), this product:
* allows your food-safe paint to glide over your surface
* provided a barrier between the base layer (frozen buttercream, royal icing, chocolate, etc) so that your icing/buttercream does not get eaten away
* allows the pigment to adhere to your surface
This product helps stretch your pigments (using less pigment for more coverage) and gives you a longer working time: so you can blend it in ways that are not currently possible with vodka or Everclear. The Color Solution is mixed with powder colors like the Elite Colors or Sterling Pearls to activate the powders creating an edible food paint - you want to look for a thin acrylic paint consistency. Then apply as you normally would with food-safe paint brushes. I've personally applied up to 4 layers on top of royal icing with no icing disintegrating: this is a big deal!
Don't forget to pick up a Palette, Scoop, Premium Brushes and Brush Cleaning Pad to assist in your food painting adventures.
* Watch some demos here: ONE, TWO, Chocolate Demo
* 100% EDIBLE, FDA COMPLIANT & KOSHER CERTIFIED
* Ingredients: Organic cane alcohol, water, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, gums, and flavor
* Each squeeze bottle contains 0.7 fluid ounces of product, enough to cover approximately 6-8 dozen 4-inch royal icing cookie surfaces
* Do NOT use in your airbrush
* Dries matte in approx. 20-30 minutes.
* Off-label uses that you *can* try but are not covered by the manufacturer: gel color application